Melodies Of Life FF7 Melodies Of Life FF7

Absolutely gorgeous. Flawlessly played. Accurate. Expressive. Perfect.
I can't articulate just how much I loved this.

By the way, this is the world map theme to Final Fantasy IX, entitled, "Crossing those Hills".

WouterPiano responds:

Thank you for your nice comment! Glad you like it.. Im composing more piano music now in finalfantasy style.. i really love those themes. Didn't know it was entitled Crossing those Hills!
So thank you very much for your message!

*F-777* Chinese Dance Machine *F-777* Chinese Dance Machine

I like the use of 5th harmonies used - what I expect from Chinese songs. Short and sweet, and dancey! Thanks for the review!

PTSD PTSD

Yeah, I do really like your synth lead; very mean. I thought it sounded a bit empty; maybe add some background to help keep attention. Overall, I liked this. Very rhythmic and enjoyable.

BEAT Menu BEAT Menu

Sounds a little distant, but that actually works for a menu theme. Well done on the drum line; fills are sweet. Not a huge fan of that particular guitar sound, but the chord progression is cool. I like. =)

-Race around the galaxy- -Race around the galaxy-

Haven't heard the others, but I really liked this. It's very rhythmic and catchy! Mixed well, and good instrument choices. XD

Evil Bunnies Evil Bunnies

Interesting sliding voices. I like that you put this in swing. Very cool!

GdabZ responds:

Thank you !

Sundans - Summer Fields Sundans - Summer Fields

Hey Sundans,

I really love the imagery I'm getting from this. I see a wide expanse of grass blowing with a heavy wind, and then when the drums and bass kick in, I envision someone sprinting across it. 5 and a half minutes might be a bit long without additional instrumentation or different sections to separate it to keep interest. Overall, well done. Highly effective instrument choices. Enjoyed it.

A Dramatic Scene A Dramatic Scene

Almost sounds James Bond-ish. I love your drums/rhythm, and agree that it would benefit from better synths/samples. I picture some sort of get-away scene here, or maybe some sort of "investigation montage". Fairly good musicianship; me likes!

alternativesolution responds:

Ooh, thank you :D Your input is appreciated.

Nice Knowing Nice Knowing

Hey MockOff,

Not a bad tune. Very atmospheric and relaxing. I can definitely see it being used the way you'd mentioned. I'm having a hard time figuring out your chord progression, though. It's also a little difficult to pick up on the feel of it rhythmically. Are you using 4 or 8 bar phrases? You might want to double-check your phrasing. I do very much like your choices in instruments - pleasing to the ear.

Take care.

MockOff responds:

I'm using 8 bar phrases. Rhythm sounds fine to me, but that might just be self-bias.

Thanks for the kind words.

D.O.E-Reinject D.O.E-Reinject

I'll get the criticism out of the way first, since I have highly positive things I want to say.

Con: The chord progression sounds weird to me - specifically, I don't think you're keeping it within a certain key. Double check which chords you're using and figure out if they work together.

Pros: Lyrics = FUCKING AMAZING. Epic end-of-the-universe heat-death horror! Gripping the last scraps of rock left in the universe!? Planets eaten by stars; galaxies eaten by black holes... The misery of immortality... Thanks for the nightmares. Asshole.

XD

Lich responds:

Thanks for the review.

I did load up the FL project of this from the dusty corners of my 'Old' folder and have a look at how I sequenced it chord-wise. Yes I did play around with what key it was (it was in 3 different keys) but I wanted to experiment in the original and all I done for this one was just touch up on the sound quality overall.